The European Ohara Teachers Association (E.O.T.A.) was founded in 1979 by the Grand Master of the Ohara School Mrs Jenny Banti Pereira, Founder and President of the Ohara Chapter of Italy at that time and now Founder and Honorary President of E.O.TA. E.O.T.A. as a multinational association organizes annual conventions and seminars on the Japanese traditional art of Ohara Ikebana for its members in Europe. The main goals of these conventions are:
- to promote the Ohara School Ikebana,
- to establish bonds of friendship between the European Instructors and Masters of the Ohara School and offer them the opportunity to exchange cultural ideas about the magnificient Japanese art of Ikebana and Japanese culture in general,
- to introduce and recommend new Ohara Ikebana books, literature and other traditional Japanese arts,
- to offer its European members high quality Ikebana seminars directed by Japanese Grand Masters. This allows E.O.T.A. members to learn about the latest trends, developments and new techniques directly from the source.
The E.O.T.A. Presidency is transferred from one country to another.
The E.O.T.A. Presidency has been held by the following countries:
- Italy : Jenny Banti Pereira, Founder and President,
- France : Annik Gendrot, President,
- Switzerland : Eliane Gagneux, President,
- Germany : Edeltraut Kokocinski, President,
- Netherlands : Jeannine Koster, President,
- Greece : Joanna Charitou Barczyk, President,
- Belgium : Greta Vervoort, President,
- Italy : Annamaria Ratto, President,
- France : Anne-Marie Morin, Current President.
Since 2016, January 1st, the E.O.T.A. ePresidency has been held by France and is valid for a period of 2 years (renewable one time).
Board members :
- President : Anne-Marie Morin (La Rochelle Chapter President),
- 1st Vice President : Monique Levantis (Leader of the Provence- Côte d’Azur Study Group),
- 2nd Vice President : Christiane Ponsonnet (Leader of the Rhône-Alpes Saint Etienne Study Group),
- 3rd Vice President : Lila Dias (President of the Paris Chapter),
- Secretary : Anne-Marie Vaudé (La Rochelle Chapter),
- Treasurer : Claude Morin (La Rochelle Chapter),
- Advisor : Annik Howa Gendrot, Grand Master (Founder of the Paris Chapter).