The European Ohara Teachers Association ( E.O.T.A.) was founded in 1979 by the Grand Master of Ohara School Mrs Jenny Banti Pereira, Founder and President of the Ohara Chapter of Italy at that time and now Founder and Honorary President of E.O.T.A.
E.O.T.A. as a multinational association organizes annual conventions and seminars on the japanese traditional art of Ohara Ikebana for its members in Europe. These conventions have as a main goal the following:
- To promote the Ikebana of the Ohara School.
- To establish bonds of friendship between the European Instructors and Masters of Ohara School and offer them the opportunity to exchange cultural ideas about the magnificent japanese art Ikebana and the culture of the land of the rising sun.
- To introduce and recommend new books and literature of Ohara Ikebana and other traditional Japanese arts.
- To offer to its european members high quality Ikebana seminars directed by Japanese Grand Masters. This way the E.O.T.A. members can learn about the latest trends, developments and new techniques directly from the source.
The Presidency of E.O.T.A. is transferred from one country to another. The hosting countries of E.O.T.A. in the last 30 years are:
- Mrs Jenny Banti Pereira, Founder and President, Italy
- Mrs Annik Gendrot, President, France
- Mrs Eliane Gagneux, President, Switzerland
- Mrs Edeltraut Kokocinski, President, Germany
- Mrs Jeannine Koster, President, The Netherlands
- Mrs Joanna Charitou Barczyk, President, Greece
- Mrs Greta Vervoort, President, Belgium
- Mrs Annamaria Ratto, Current President, Italy